I think I had spring fever today, the sun was shining and the sky was so blue. Aaaand then I slipped and fell in a big ol’ pile of slush and was brought back down to earth. Whoops. 😉 What a way to start off a friday huh?
To warm me up though I made another bowl of my new favorite miso soup – which I have named “Miso Happy Soup” because it couldn’t be easier to make, and it makes my stomach oh so happy when im sipping on a bowl.
Miso Happy Soup
1 cup water
1 tablespoon mellow white miso
1/2 medium carrot, sliced thinly into strips
2 tablespoons of both green peas and yellow corn
1 ounce firm tofu cubed
1/2 medium sweet potato, sliced and cubed
1/4 cup onion
1/2 clove garlic, crushed and minced
salt, pepper (to taste)
cilantro for garnish
Bring water to a low simmer on your stove, stir in miso until well combined. Adding the sweet potatoes, carrots and onions first let simmer for about five minutes until soft. Add in your garlic, salt and pepper and continue to let simmer. You will have a really nice and fragrant broth. Add in your tofu and let simmer for a minute, and then finally add your peas and corn and continue to let it simmer for five minutes.
Pour into a bowl and serve! It makes about 1 cup and 1/4 of soup, perfect for a single serve.
Let me tell you I could eat bowl after bowl of this soup and not get tired of it. It has such a warm flavor and one little bowl is packed full of all the good stuff that you need including…
- Beta carotene from the carrots and sweet potatos which promotes a healthy immune system, and protects cells from free radicals.
- B12, zinc, manganese and copper from the miso.
- Onions help control blood sugar and are very rich in chromium, a trace mineral that helps cells respond to insulin, plus vitamin C.
- Green peas which have 8 vitamins, 7 minerals, dietary fiber and protein. They are also high in folic acid and vitamin B6.
- Yellow corn has significant amounts of fiber and helps to speed up your metabolism.
- Raw garlic is packed full of protein, potassium, Vitamins A, B, B2, C, calcium and zinc and many others.
Can you believe that there is all of that goodness in one bowl? How can you not make that!
A delicious bowl of carrot-ey goodness using my new version of my carrot puree. I mixed in some yummy toppings including dried coconut, organic cranberries and two tablespoons of almond butter. Um can you say yes please!
I want to apoligize on the delay about the ab challenge post – it is taking way longer than I thought it would to set up! Im in a bit of a rush tonight, but I will have it up tomorrow. 🙂 Thanks for your patience!
Dont forget to enter my giveaway if you havent already! It ends sunday night!