Thats how quick this post is going to be tonight.
Ive been running around like crazy since five this morning and im beat, I cant wait to put my pj’s on and take a nap. However I wanted to post this first! I found this fun autumn/winter survey and I had to fill it out. Why dont you fill it out too and tell me you did 🙂 I want to see your answers.
1. favorite variety of apple? fuji or jonagold
2. apples dipped in? sprinkled with cinnamon, or dipped in my SP&NB soup
3. favorite way to enjoy pumpkin? pumpkin puree with cinnamon, nutmeg and raisins.
4. favorite soup? with crackers or bread? carrot avocado soup with Ezekiel bread. Yum!
5. do you eat orange foods all year-round? big fat yes! ill eat me a tasty bowl of orange 365 days a year
6. most used spice in your autumn/winter cooking: cinnamon, basil, thyme, oregano, nutmeg
7. you are baking some homemade bread, what flavor combination of bread would you like to make? banana raisin bread! of course if i managed to make any type of bread it would be a success, i can never get my bread to rise 😦
8. favorite autumn/winter vegetables and ways to eat it? squash! carrots! apples! im looking forward to trying eggplant, artichokes and new varieties of squash too.
9. hot chocolate, hot cider, coffee or tea? tea all the way! i love big mugs of tea on a cold morning. it’s a tasty way to warm me up.
10. favorite seasonal dessert? oatmeal raisin cookies! well okay… they arent really seasonal but they are good anytime.
11. let’s make a fall stew! pick any 6 ingredients to create your one: carrots, celery, kale, onions, herbs(Thyme, rosemary sage, bay leaf etc…), sweet potatoes and broccoli. thats one crazy stew.
12. pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts or almonds to snack on? raw almonds are the best. I get these huge tubs of raw ones that I go through so fast.
13. popcorn flavor/seasoning? ew I hate popcorn. Ive never liked it at all. It’s weird and squishy and puffy at the same time. And sometimes the kernels get stuck in your teeth not fun my friends…
14. bowl of hot cereal you have been wanting to try: i want to try some overnight oaties with
15. post a link to a recipe that you recently bookmarked. maple-tahini oaties from one of my new favorite bloggers Mitri.
Longer post to come tomorrow, im going out tonight, hitting up Chipotle for some sexy guacamole goodness.
Question of the day : What are your plans for this weekend?